Small gardens, terraces and courtyard patios require a little more thought when it comes to designing due to limited space. The space you do have must be used wisely to achieve that outdoor space you want. Even the tiniest outdoor space can be transformed into a retreat with a small amount of planning. We’ve come up with some tips to help you transform your small garden.
1. Add levels – by adding extra levels using decking can create an illusion of more space.
2. Shelving and hooks – add shelving and hooks so you can place trinkets and decorative items.
3. Vertical planting – you can hang flower pots vertically to create a colourful feature, this will be much more eye pleasing than a plain wall or fence.
4. Alfresco dining – just because you have a small outdoor space, don’t let it stop you from enjoying food in your garden. You can pick up small 2 person tables.
5. Pallet furniture – if you have a courtyard garden you can build clever corner seating using pallets – this will use your space efficiently and the high back sofa design can hide unsightly walls.